Sat, 23 Oct|
Demystify - Yoga for Menopause
A yoga teachers workshop. A 2.5 hour workshop especially designed for ALL Yoga Teachers, who would like to gain an understanding of menopause, and become better placed to support their students who are in a stage of menopause.
Time & Location
23 Oct 2021, 13:30 – 16:00
Belfast, Floor 2, 37 Malone Rd, Belfast BT9 6RX, UK
About the Event
A yoga teachers workshop.
A 2.5 hour workshop especially designed for ALL Yoga Teachers, who would like to gain an understanding of menopause, and become better placed to support their students who are in a stage of menopause.
Our classes are filled with women. So many women begin yoga at a time in their lives when they are experiencing the emotional and physical effects of menopause. They are instinctively drawn to an embodied practice that they hope will provide answers.
Whilst menopause is a completely natural event in a woman’s life, it can present with some challenging and debilitating experiences for some women.
ALL women will pass through this cycle of womanhood. Yet it remains a subject of mystery and whispers.
In this workshop you will learn:
1. What is Menopause? The stages of menopause.
2. How hormonal changes can impact upon a woman’s overall physical and emotional health.
3. Understanding of philosophical challenges that may present in this stage of life.
4. Physical practices and breathing techniques that provide support and help alleviate some of the main symptoms of menopause.
5. Signposts to useful and credible resources to guide your student towards.
By the end of this workshop you will have gained confidence in your knowledge and feel better placed to offer assistance and guidance.
Handout materials will be provided and there’s always time to chat and ask questions.
Book directly with Jackie.
We look forward to having Jackie’s expertise in this important area of women’s health.